Thursday, July 25, 2013

Postcard Parade!

Hi!

Fine, maybe not "parade" per se, but there will be a festival and there will be postcards for purchase.

Next week, starting on Thursday August 1st the Yellow Crane Festival of Art & Design will be rolling out tables on Granville Island, Vancouver for their annual summer celebration of Emily Carr University of Art + Design’s diverse and talented students and alumni!

The festival is free to attend and it will be on 11am to 4pm daily, from August 1st to the 4th.
I'll be there with some friends, representing the Rain City Illustration Club of the university and selling cards, illustration prints, screen prints, original artwork, calendars, and even skateboard decks (I think). It should be a really great atmosphere with live music, prize raffles, laughter, art, and ice-cream all around. So to everyone in Vancouver - please stop by to at least have a look! =)

What I'm contributing are some prints and postcards that I've recently had printed. I'll have 5 of each of these up for grabs - all nicely packaged in crystal clear bags with a cardboard backing:

Vanishing Canids - 4.75 x 12"
Hummerfly - 6.5 x 10" (I think)
The postcards I've ordered from Moo.com and they turned out wonderful and they arrived much quicker than the estimated date, only about a week after I ordered them actually. I'm always worried about colour and contrast accuracy when I order anything, but there was nothing to fear as these came out pretty close to precisely what I saw on my screen. Yay Moo! I'm not getting promote them, I'm just delighted when I get what I ask for. Anyhow, here are the cards:
Some older images, some new, and definitely one with blue.

All the postcards together
Reverse side
Just a few more photos of the cards, for fun.


Well, there you have it. Once again - come on down to the Yellow Crane Festival, maybe get some of my cards and have a fantastic B.C. long weekend. You know, if you get some, you can send them to a friend or a family member, or frame them as a mini print, or lock them away in secret drawer or whatever. Just saying ;)
And if you want to order some of your own postcards, follow {this link} to get 10% off your first order. (I swear on my cat I'm not getting paid to say this).

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment