Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Walnut Tree

About a year ago for one of my illustrations I created an image that was inspired by the song - "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane. Immediately after finishing the piece I knew that I wanted to do a series with a similar dreamy theme inspired by music.
So, yesterday I finally returned to this idea and completed this little piece. I thought it might be fun to do a few miniature works before doing a few big ones.

This piece is inspired by Keane's song - "Walnut Tree"


Orientation is reversible. It can be flipped this way.

and this way too:)

I drew/painted the image on 6 x 6 inch Strathmore Bristol smooth paper, but the image itself is about 4.75" wide and 2" tall.
Used my trusty 0.05 micron pen + my new 0x4 brush (and bigger brushes too) with ink. The smaller the brush is, the more excited I get!

Here's a cellphone snapshot for scale reference:

a penny for scale

No comments:

Post a Comment