Wednesday, August 17, 2011

On the Cover

Final project for the summer Editorial Illustration class:

Create an illustration that would serve as cover art for a magazine.

I chose this article to illustrate: "Visible Man: Ethics in a world without secrets" by Peter Singer

At first I had these 2 ideas:


I personally really liked this one. I would have gone detail crazy!!


But then all the sudden I had a new idea:


I thought..."well, this seems like something I wouldn't do because I hate difficult perspectives...so I should make myself try it"

And here is how it turned out in the end:

But I'm really a New Yorker type of reader and I thought my illustration would look better on their magazine like so:

Info:
Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper
10.31 x 13.17 inches
Rapidograph line work + watercolour/gouache paints

And so the summer semester ends! Now for 3 weeks of break:)

No comments:

Post a Comment