Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pastel Proprieties

Here is an assignment for my Illustration Essentials class which came before the lino-cut one.

We had to do another self portrait, but this time use chalk pastels.

For mine I used: Koh-I-Noor chalk pastels + conte pencils + cream pastel paper

Again, it's not a physically realistic portrait of myself, but more of personality portraying kind. I portrayed myself as a character that could be found in a Jane Austen novel:)
Tea, pastries anyone?

Side 1 (approximately 8 x 6")

Side 2

sketch

3 comments:

  1. Wow you are insanely talented!!! This is too cool!
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    P.S: I'm giving away FIVE supercool Travel Photography guides.. I thought you might be interested! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful these representations.

    Even this pastel self-portrait, with its "mirror image"and its delicate colors.

    ReplyDelete